Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Because yesterday was International Women's Day....and we are now in 2020

Till a few years ago I  was extremely proud of my independent self and the fact that I could not be intimidated by most people.
But for a woman doing as u wish comes with a price......I am still coming to terms with being disliked for not sticking to traditional gender roles.....

Had I learnt to dress up a little more....I would have been loved a little more.
Had I sweet-talked ....I would have been loved a little more.
Had I not voiced my opinion.....I would have been loved a little more.
Had I not argued for what I thought was my right .....I would have been loved a little more.
Had I accepted being shamed and being talked down to ....I would have been loved a little more.
Had I only stuck to the gender roles expected of me...I would have been loved a little more.

Basically I can break in to the song "The man" by Taylor swift!

I'm so sick of running
As fast as I can (as fast as I can)
Wondering if I'd get there quicker
If I was a man (hey!)

And I'm so sick of them
Coming at me again (coming at me again!)
'Cause if I was a man (if I was man)
Then I'd be the man
I'd be the man
I'd be the man (oh)
I'd be the man (yeah)
I'd be the man (I'd be the man)

No comments:

Post a Comment