Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The newborn pigeons are back........

I am sure most of you have read the "The Last Leaf" .......The pigeons are very much like the last leaf of my life.....Well how did the pigeons become the Last Leaf......especially when they make my small little looo smell....stare at me like i am sm intruder...make me feel uncomfortable (and its my looo....its my house....how dare they!)....give me the dirts every time i flush down the smokes (i dont want the maid to know....they talk u know....its a small little town, all my neighbours are those typical housewives ....the nighty with chunni variety)

Welll i am diverting....the story goes like this.

The first time i visited this house of mine I saw a nest in my looooo.....i was like let me throw this out....i cant have birds living in my looo and dirty it.....but shweta stopped me. She said "its a good sign"......and i believed!

Soon mom dad came to Jsr and i moved into the house....and what did i see 2 baby pigeons with the mama pigeon....and i thought what sort of a good sign is this?!! " am i going to have babies in this house....no way not in this town". Dad left in a week....but mom stayed on for almost a month!! Thats the longest time i ve spent with mom alone like everrrrrr in my life!! I never got her full fledged attention prior to that maybe till before my brother was born but never since then (and i wouldnt remember it coz i was 2 when my bro was born 13th & 14th august are our Bdays) .

And I had sm great fun settling the new house....water the plants, do pooja, manage the maids, buy the veggies and also drive the car and work....I had never multitasked like that before. I had never bought vegetables ever ( ok maybe one or 2 odd times a few tomatoes and onions but thats about it).....so alll this was verrrry new for me!! The most stressfull was praying everymorning.....i had never done that either (i actually felt like i was doing sm drama...praying has to cm from within or is it sm routine that we must follow)....and drive to the office (that was just unimaginable....me driving and not giving directions to a cabbie or an autowala....how was i pulling this off).....and while all this was happening the pigeons were growing tooo....first they were those ugly yellow haired pink things...then they shed that ugly hair and grew sm wings and before i knew they had learnt to fly and their mom left them and so did mine!!!

The moms left and the baby pigeons and i were left alone in this shady house!! I would look at them and they would look at me....and i would say how are we going to manage this and to top it all my boss and my colleague decided to leave tooooo........so here i was alone at home and at work, but i had my pigeons and one fine day they were gone tooo!!

Most of you know the story after that....i had a rough rough time.....an accident on road, many at work, the non-existing love life died and so did a few plants.

But i pulled through...and five months after i am a pro at most things!! I can drive fast, i can even keep a fast, no one knows hw to run the house better than me, the plants are alive and kicking.....the love life is still dead though ;-) or maybe its not!!

Looks like the wrk will improve toooo and if not who cares coz the pigeon is back and there are 2 new borns and guess what my mom is cming toooooo!!!

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Its so totally you, and love the tie up. SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Easy on the head, delicate to the core and done very skillfully. Nice bit of craft, you are good at this pankhuri..ditch the love life and start hitting the keys more :)

    ReplyDelete